The basic objective of BBA (HFM) is to provide Hospitality and Facilities sectors such as Hotels, Retails, Travel & Tourism, companies and Event management Organizations a steady stream of competent professionals with necessary knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to cater to the multi-faceted sector.
The core structure of BBA(HFM) is designed keeping in view the basic objectives stated above. Consequently certain essential features of the Course which is specially and uniquely designed for Hospitality and Facility Sectors are:
- It has six semester in the 3 years degree programme.
- PUMBA has introduced credit system with total 130 credits offered for 3300 marks.
- The curriculum offers 30 courses which includes project studies.
- Industrial Training of 20 weeks is offered in the Fourth Semester.
- The students will be trained in various allied sector of hospitality and facility management.
- External and Internal Examinations are given equal weightage for nonpractical courses. Courses with practical, Practical Examination is conducted.
- All Courses have continuous internal assessment and assignments.
- Dynamic and unique course structure to cater to all the alliedsectors of Hospitality and Facility Management.
To capitalize on all that this industry has to offer, you must first educate yourself about the intricacies of hospitality & facility management and familiarize yourself with the diverse opportunities that are available in a wide spectrum of this sectors. Following are some of the areas of career opportunities.
- Hotels & Restaurants.
- Facilities Organizations in IT sector and other corporates.
- Retail & Commercial spaces.
- Guest Houses- Public and Private.
- Airline and railway travel.
- Conferences and conventions centres.
- Travel agencies.
- Tourist offices and ministries of tourism.
- Tour operators.
- Spas and wellness centres.
- Cruise companies.
- Event management.
- Catering companies.
- Bars and private clubs.
- Concert and theatre venues.
- Museums and other cultural venues.
- Theme parks.
- Fitness clubs and sports organizations (such as gyms, golf clubs, and tennis facilities).
- Real estate management companies.
- Hotel development and construction.
- Manufacturers and suppliers of hospitality equipment.